The hardest thing to do is leave your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you’re familiar with, and take the risk to live the life you dream about.
Your imperfections make you beautiful, they make who you are
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice
- 1/4 pound thin-sliced chicken cutlets
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled (tails left on) and devined
- 2-3 saffron strands (optional)
- 1/2 pound medium mussles, cleaned and cooked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Saute the bell pepper, onion, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and chicken; cook, stirring, until the chicken is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the stock, shrimp, and saffron (if using); bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the mussels, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes longer.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 442 Cal, 9 g Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans fat, 203 mg Chol, 749 mg Sodium, 50 g Carb, 2 g Fiber, 38 g Protein, 113 mg Calcium
Weight Watchers Points Plus Value Per Serving: 11
(All credit goes to Weight Watchers “New Complete Cookbook”)